From car insurance, home insurance, commercial vehicle insurance and Life Insurance, our experts will help you find the perfect policy to give you complete peace of mind.
We’ve made it easy for you to get an instant insurance quote online but if you prefer, our friendly team are able to provide advice over the phone on 0800 917 9522. Either way, we’re confident you’ll have a competitive quote from a respected insurer within minutes.
View our commercial
As seen on TV
CHOOSE THE EASY OPTION FOR YOUR INSURANCE, WE’LL GET YOU A QUOTE IN NO TIME AT ALL.
September 10, 2018
Is motorcycle insurance cheaper than car insurance? It’s a question that is often asked, and there is no definitive answer. As independent insurance brokers, we search thousands of car and motorcycle quotes every day, uncovering the best prices for our customers. On the whole, we see that insurance companies consider riding a motorcycle is riskier than driving a car. So premiums can edge higher for motorcycles compared to cars. But like all insurance, the cost of your premium will depend on a whole range of variables. This includes the make, model, age and value of your bike or car. Your age, where you live, and if you hold a clean licence, will also impact on the cost.
What are the average costs of car and motorbike insurance?
The average car insurance premium in the UK has risen to £481. But this is nothing compared to the £691 you’ll need to fork out on average if you live in central London and need to insure your motorbike.
How can I save money on motorbike insurance?
Luckily, there are some clever tricks for reducing your car or motorcycle insurance quotes. These include:
- Stick to the law. Penalty points, from speeding or using your mobile phone on the go, can seriously increase premiums.
- Safe driving. Insurance companies reward riders and drivers who don’t make any claims against their insurance. The higher the number of ‘no claims bonus’ you hold, the lower your premiums are likely to be.
- Pay annually. If you can afford to pay your premium in one go, always take that option. You’ll end p spending more if you pay in monthly instalments.
- Don’t just assume that third-party only cover will be cheaper. Some insurance companies consider opting for only third-party insurance as riskier behaviour. So your premium could be higher than for fully comp.
- Keep your bike or car safely stored in a garage. Motorbikes are at greater risk of being stolen if they are left parked on the road. A thief can just lift them and load them onto a trailer. Locking it up securely overnight can make a significant difference to motorcycle insurance premiums.
- If you don’t use your motorbike to get to work, tell your broker. Using your bike for the commute will add extra to your premium. If you don’t need to be covered for this, make sure you don’t pay for it.
- Shop around. Different insurance companies calculate their premiums using different formulas. The more insurance companies that you contact for a quote, the better your chance of discovering an excellent value deal. If you don’t have the time to do the calling round yourself, use a trusted independent broker, like Easy2Insure, to do this legwork for you. We use our expertise not only to find you the best price. We’ll also make sure that no nasty exclusions are lurking in the small print for your peace of mind.
Classic motorbike insurance
Ordinary motorbike insurance just won’t cut it if you ride a classic motorbike. With classic bikes proving a sound investment as values have crept up in recent years, you may need to look for an ‘agreed value’ policy so you won’t need to rely on the list price if you make a claim. Owners of classic bikes can also get extra reassurance with dedicated classic motorbike insurance that genuine parts will be used. Or specify that you want to be able to take your bike to your preferred garage for repairs rather than the garage recommended by your insurer.
Motorcycle insurance add-ons
While third-party insurance is a legal requirement before you hit the road, there are lots of other insurance options for you to consider. Buying these as a value for money bundle deal can save cash and give you even more peace of mind. These extras include:
- Helmet and leathers insurance.
- Breakdown cover to make it easy to continue to your destination if your bike breaks down.
- Motorcycle warranty cover to take the financial strain if you need to purchase an expensive new mechanical part for your bike.
Where can I buy cheaper motorbike insurance?
It’s Easy2Insure your motorbike at the right price. Our expert motorcycle insurance team is entirely independent and will shop around on your behalf to secure you the best deal on cover you can rely on. Call us on 0800 9179522 or get a free quote today.
September 5, 2018
GIT insurance is short for ‘Goods In Transit’ insurance. Whether you’re a self-employed courier or run a fleet of delivery vans and bikes, it’s a business essential for peace of mind. This Easy2understand guide explains what GIT insurance covers, why you need it, and how to get the best price quote.
Who needs Goods In Transit insurance?
Goods In Transit insurance is specifically designed to cover items being transported in a car, van, lorry, boat, or on a bike. It will pay out financial compensation if something happens to the goods while in your care.
If you transport items related to your own business, it provides added financial peace of mind in case something goes wrong. For example, if you run a wedding cake company, it can pay out compensation if something happens to your creation on the way to the venue.
It’s even more important to take out robust GIT insurance if you transport goods on behalf of another business. For example, you’re a freelance courier, have a furniture removals company, or run a haulage business. Your ordinary commercial vehicle insurance won’t typically pay out for any theft or damage to the goods you’re transporting on behalf of your clients. And as the value of the goods in your care can be very high, that leaves you open to significant financial risk.
What exactly will GIT insurance cover?
GIT insurance will cover you for any damage to items that you are transporting. For example, you have an accident, and the contents of your van are damaged in the process. It also covers you if the contents are stolen or lost.
Tip: If you sometimes leave items in your vehicle overnight, make sure your GIT insurance will cover this. And if you transport items to Europe or worldwide, you should also double check this is included.
What value do I need to cover?
The more expensive the goods you transport, the more expensive your GIT insurance is likely to be. However, it’s imperative not to underestimate the value of the items you’re responsible for. If you do, you could find yourself seriously out of pocket. Underestimating values is only likely to save you a few pennies. If you do need to make a claim and you don’t have the right level of cover, you’ll need to make up the shortfall yourself. And that could severely damage your cash flow or even force your business to go under.
Does it cover items in storage?
No. GIT insurance only covers items during transportation. You’ll need to take out contents insurance as part of your commercial buildings insurance to cover any items that you are storing in a depot.
Is GIT insurance required by law?
No. You don’t have to take out GIT insurance by law, but it is a prudent option to protect your livelihood. If you’re a courier or run a haulage firm, many of your clients will expect you to hold GIT insurance. Without it, you could miss out on jobs.
Top 4 tips to get a better price on your GIT insurance
- Speak to a specialist GIT insurance provider.
- Shop around. Insurance companies calculate premiums using different risk algorithms. That means you can get two very different prices from different insurance providers for two very similar insurance products.
- Look for tailored insurance cover. Pay only for what you need, not cover that you’ll never want.
- Pay your premium annually, not monthly. Paying monthly incurs extra charges.
- Buy your GIT insurance as part of a complete business cover package deal. You’re likely to need other types of commercial insurance, including commercial vehicle cover and public liability insurance. Buying all the insurance products your business needs together can sometimes mean significant savings.
Where can I buy cheap GIT insurance?
Easy2Insure is an online independent insurance brokerage. Our online quote system is quick and Easy2 complete. Once submitted, our expert UK-based team will be in touch to double check the details and make sure we get exactly the right level of cover for you at a price that matches your budget. If you’re not sure exactly what you need, our CII-qualified team will guide you. And we’ll offer specialist advice on every aspect of your insurance policy. We also benefit from having ‘preferred broker’ status with many of the UK’s leading insurance providers, meaning we can source the best deals at the best prices for our customers. For more information, call us on 0800 9179522 or fill in our online quote form.
August 7, 2018
If you’re packing up your campervan, car, or motorbike and heading over The Channel, don’t forget breakdown insurance for Europe. Unlike forgotten toothpaste or clothes, it’s something you can’t buy once you’re there. So make it part of your essential holiday planning so you can enjoy a relaxing time away.
What does breakdown insurance for Europe include?
Just like in the UK, you can opt for different levels of cover when you choose European breakdown insurance. If your car breaks down, you’ll have a number to call summoning a local breakdown service to your rescue. Double check first if your cover has a limit to the cost of required roadside assistance.
They’ll then try and fix your car by the side of the road. And if they can’t, they’ll tow you to the nearest garage where it will be fixed. Again, watch out because different levels of European breakdown cover will pay different amounts towards this repair work.
The number you call for help will assist in English, so you won’t be left struggling with the language barrier. And that makes it a lot easier and quicker for you to get on your way again, so you can still enjoy your holiday. For extra peace of mind, look for insurance that will pay out if your car needs to be brought back to the UK to be repaired. Some options will also pay out for extras like replacement tickets if you miss your train or ferry because of the breakdown.
Does your current breakdown cover include European cover?
There’s no point paying out twice for the same thing. If you already have breakdown cover for the UK, double check with your provider to see if you’re covered in Europe as well. If you are, next you’ll need to check what is included. Don’t just assume that you’ll have the same level of cover as you do in the UK. It’s also worth checking if there is a limited to the number of days your trip can last. And read the small print to see if there is a cap on the amount that will be paid out for accommodation or to continue to your destination.
If you do need to take out additional cover for your travels in Europe, you could contact your UK breakdown provider to see how much it would cost to add on. Alternatively, it could be cheaper to source it separately. If you want to save your money for sightseeing or souvenirs, get ready to ring around to get a bunch of quotes or use an independent insurance broker, like Easy2Insure, to do this for you.
Breakdown cover in Europe for towing a caravan
If you’re towing a trailer or caravan, check on any restrictions to size or weight in your breakdown cover before you set off. If you need specialist cover for your vehicle and trailer, speak to your broker who will be able to source exactly what you need.
Driving older vehicles
Beware. Many European breakdown cover options are suitable only for vehicles aged less than six years. Speak to your broker for a quote if you need cover for an older vehicle, or you’re travelling in a classic.
Don’t forget other insurance essentials while you’re away
Do you need to cover your kit while you’re away? Easy2Insure can help with other essential travel insurance, to cover bikes, baggage, iPads, and phones while you’re away too.
Get a free quote today
Breakdown insurance for Europe gives you peace of min. If something does go wrong during your road trip, you can get on your way again swiftly and easily. Whether you’re planning a quick dash to France for the weekend or a couple of months exploring Eastern Europe, Easy2Insure make it simple to find cheap European breakdown insurance that you can rely on. Call us on 0800 9179522 or get a quote today.