VIEW OUR COMMERCIAL
As seen on TV
CHOOSE THE EASY OPTION FOR YOUR INSURANCE, WE’LL GET YOU A QUOTE IN NO TIME AT ALL.
Top Tips for Getting The Right iPhone Insurance
Now you’ve got a lustworthy iPhone, it’s time to think about iPhone insurance. Nearly half a million Brits had their smartphone stolen last year. And 50% of us have cracked our phone screen at least once. Maybe you bought your iPhone on impulse or it was a present. Or perhaps it’s something you’ve been saving up to buy for a long time. Insurance is there for a little extra peace of mind if something goes wrong.
Why do I need iPhone insurance?
You don’t have to take out iPhone insurance. But it will give you reassurance if you can’t easily afford to replace it if it gets lost, damaged or stolen.
For some, the idea of being without our phone is enough to bring us out in a cold sweat. If your phone is new, any mechanical breakdown is likely to be covered by warranty. But if it’s out of its warranty period, or it is damaged, lost or stolen, you’ll need insurance for peace of mind.
How much will iPhone insurance cost?
The cost of insurance will vary depending on the model and its age. There are other factors too that will influence the cost.
Top tips to get a better price deal on your iPhone insurance
- Don’t just buy the cover offered by Apple or the store where you buy your phone. Yes, this is possibly the easiest option, but it is likely to cost you the most as well. Don’t just sign up, but give yourself time to check out prices elsewhere.
- Double-check the small print. Be sure that you are getting the level of cover that you expect. There’s a saying that goes “you only find out how good your insurance is when you need it.” Beware of any insurance deals that seem too good to be true – it probably will be. And you don’t want to find out that you haven’t got the cover you expect at the point of making a claim.
- Check what’s covered by your home insurance. Before you take out separate iPhone insurance, double check to see if it’s already covered on your home insurance. Be careful to read the small print though. Some household policies will cover your phone if it is stolen from your house, but not if it is stolen, lost or damaged when you’re out and about.
- Think about what cover you need. If you can’t bear the thought of coping without your iPhone for a few days, make sure you opt for insurance that will get yours replaced quickly or give you a temporary phone if yours is being repaired.
- New for old cover or refurbished? If it’s important that your iPhone is replaced with a new phone, rather than a refurbished one, make sure that this is included in your smartphone insurance package.
- Opt for a higher excess. You can adjust your excess (the amount you automatically pay if you make a claim) to reduce your premium. The higher your excess, generally the lower your premium will be. Be careful not to go too high though, or your excess might make it not worth making a claim at all.
- Pay in one go. You can pay for insurance monthly, but it’s likely to cost more than if you can pay in one go.
- Shop around for the best value deal. Just like all insurance cover, it pays to shop around to find the best deal. Be warned that the cheapest deal is not always the best cover and make sure you’re very clear what you are purchasing. Alternatively, use an independent broker like Easy2Insure to shop around for the best price for you.
Other things to think about:
- You can save money by opting for a bundle deal. This will cover your other tech items like your Macbook and iPad
- Some insurance companies may offer platforms for storing data like photos. If that’s something you need, be sure to ask your broker
- Check if your insurance will be valid for claims right away. In some cases, you might not be able to make a claim within the first couple of weeks of the insurance period. It’s better to check and be safe rather than sorry
Cheap but good iPhone insurance
Our specialist gadget insurance team understand the role our tech plays in our lives. They’ll help you find the level of cover that matches the way you use your phone. And they’ll talk you through all your options, so you can be confident you’re getting what you need. As independent brokers, we’re free to search through every insurance company for the best prices. And as we’re part of the respected Park Insurance group, we’ve got effective buying power that helps us to secure great value deals that you simply won’t find on the high street. Call us now on 0800 9179522 or get a quote.